The Angleton Police Department Law Enforcement (Police) Program is set up as an introduction to all aspects of law enforcement. This program is sponsored by the Angleton Police Department and is chartered annually through the Exploring Division of the Boys Scouts of America. The intent of law enforcement exploring is to educate and involve youth in police operations, to interest them in possible law enforcement careers (Police Officer, Police Dispatcher, Corrections Officer, Prosecuting Attorney, Crime Lab Technician, etc.) and to build mutual understanding with the community.
The education aspect provides Explorers with knowledge of the law enforcement function in their community whether they enter the field of law enforcement or not. Through involvement, the explorer program establishes an awareness of the complexities of law enforcement service. Angleton Police Department Police Explorer Post #501's overall intent is to educate, train, and assist our members in becoming community leaders of tomorrow.
Requirements for Membership
- All applicants must successfully pass a background investigation including, but not limited to, a criminal history records check.
- All applicants who are accepted must attend 4 consecutive meetings, and within 4 weeks of that having been completed, must possess an Angleton Police Explorer uniform.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 14 (and out of the eighth grade), and 21 years at age.
- Parental approval must be obtained.
- School transcripts demonstrating a 2.0 grade point average, or better, must be enclosed with the application.
- The applicant must be in good health and without physical condition(s) that will endanger them, or another member of the Police Department.
- The applicant must be of good character and possess good moral habits. Driving records will be considered.
- Upon appointment to the Post, a mandatory 6 months probation period must be served.
None of the above requirements are intended to be an automatic disqualifier. All of the above are taken into consideration when considering an applicant. If you feel that there are special circumstances that should be considered when applying, contact the Explorer Coordinator.
The Angleton Police Explorer Post #501 holds its monthly meeting the 1st Tuesday of every month at 6 p.m. The meeting agenda sets outlines, all training and activity for that monthly and up coming months. The Angleton Police Explorer Post #501 conducts training on all remaining Tuesdays of each month from 4:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m.
Post #501 Adult Advisors:
To apply as an Explorer, you may pick up an application at the police department located at:
104 Cannan Drive
Angleton, TX. 77515
Applications must be returned to the Police Department in person or by mail addressed to Assistant Chief Katherine Davis or Corporal Cameron Parsons. For any questions call: 979-849-2383.