PARKS & RECREATION
- Guests are encouraged to wear a mask or face covering when entering the facility.
- Sanitation stations will be placed throughout the facility for use.
- Towel service is no longer available and guests are encouraged to bring their own.
- Social distancing markers will be placed in front of the front desk area to keep patrons 6 feet apart.
- Credit card use is strongly encouraged, but our staff will be accepting cash payments.
- Locker rooms are use at your own risk and are not sanitized after each use.
- Facility rentals are available beginning in April 2021. Guests are encouraged to wear a mask or face covering when social distancing is not feasible.
- A recreation attendant will NOT be present to sanitize equipment use after each use but will sanitize equipment on an hourly basis. Sanitation resources will be available for patron use at all times.
- Masks and face coverings are not required but encouraged.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring their own paddles and balls. Basketballs will be available to check out and will be sanitized by staff after each use.
- Social distance markers will be placed on the ground while waiting.
- Social distancing markers will be placed on the gymnasium floor to designate patron’s personal space. Equipment used will be sanitized by staff after each class in preparation for the following class.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring their own mat. If patrons bring their own mat, they must sanitize it before use. Sanitation materials will be provided.
- During water aerobics, there will be one lane up for open use.
- All water features will be open with the exception of the big slide and will remain closed until further notice. During rec swim, the lazy river and hot tub will be available for use.
- Parks are open to the public to use.
- Playgrounds not sanitized after each use.
- Restrooms are open for use at your own risk. Restrooms are cleaned on a weekly basis.
- Rentals for our Parks are available.
- Campers will still be screened daily at the start of camp for COVID19 symptoms. This shall include temperature checks and symptom review.
- Instead of 9 campers to one counselor in a group, staff will plan to allow the original ratio of 10 campers to one counselor in a group. Staff will also be able to do activities with more than one group at a time. For example, there could be a group of 20 campers and two counselors running an activity.
- If a camper is showing COVID19 symptoms, the camper’s parents will be contacted to pick them up from the program.
- If a camper or staff member tests COVID19 positive, all parents and guardians will receive notice. It will be up to the parent or guardian to choose to either pick-up his/her camper or let them remain and trust camp staff to take appropriate safeguards. If three or more children or staff members test positive, we will work with state and local public health authorities about the continued operations of program sessions.
- Due to budget, the camp will not be taking trips this year.
- Campers over 10 years of age will not be required to wear a mask. Campers wanting to wear masks will be able to do so.
- Staff will be sanitizing areas and equipment, but will not be sanitizing each toy or craft item after each use.
- Staff will still plan to distribute individually packaged snacks during snack time.
- Staff will use gloves when prepping and passing out lunch.
Angleton Parks and Recreation Department features numerous parks, trails, athletic facilities, gardens, and the Angleton Recreation Center. These amenities, coupled with City-sponsored special events and programs, are some of the things that make Angleton a great place to live, work, play, and retire! By taking advantage of sponsorship opportunities with the Parks and Recreation Department and Keep Angleton Beautiful, your business will be able to maximize exposure to the residents of Angleton and show community support. With a variety of sponsorship levels available, there are opportunities for businesses of any size. Please take the time to review all sponsorship opportunities the Angleton Parks and Recreation Department offers throughout the year. Click here to view the 2021 Sponsorship Catalog.
Angleton Parks & Recreation Scholarship Program
The City of Angleton Parks & Recreation Department believes that every Angleton resident should have the opportunity to take part in public recreational programs and classes, which foster development, promote health and wellness, and increase cultural unity. The goal of the Angleton Parks & Recreation scholarship program is to provide the opportunity to participate in parks & recreation programming by assisting low-income families and individuals and subsidizing costs associated with Angleton Parks & Recreation programs. The scholarship program establishes the eligibility, requirements, distribution, award level, and guidelines that apply to all Angleton Parks & Recreation programs for which a fee is charged.
Scholarship forms are available online (PDF) or in person at the Recreation Center located at 1601 North Valderas Street.
Completed applications and supporting documents should be turned into Recreation Superintendent Geri Gonzales at the Angleton Recreation Center. For questions, you can email Geri at email@example.com. Once all documentation has been received and verified, Recreation staff will review and process applications within 14 business days. Applicants will be notified by email of the status of the scholarship.