The next General Election will be on Saturday, May 7, 2022. Filing for a place on the ballot is set by state statute and will run from Wednesday, January 19, 2022 to Friday, February 18, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Positions for election in 2022 are Council Member, Position 1; Council Member Position 3 and Council Member Position 5.
Find additional election-related dates and information at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/index.shtml
May 7, 2022 General Election
Texas Election Code Section 141.040 requires the City to post a Notice of Deadline to File an Application for Place on the Ballot
2021 Important Dates
To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a public elective office, a person must:
- be a United States citizen;
- be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
- have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
- totally mentally incapacitated; or
- partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot; and
- on the date described by the preceding item “5)”, be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected.
- satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.